5.25" Dia. x 1" Deep
- Vibrant Colors and Patterns - Create an unforgettable dining experience
- Natural Stoneware Base - The perfect contrast to the intricate chestnut polka dots on top.
- Authentically Handcrafted - Individually wheel-thrown and hand-painted over lace
- Durable - Made from high-fired ceramic stoneware that can withstand regular use
- Food & Dishwasher Safe - All Terrafirma pieces are food and dishwasher safe.
- Collectible - Each one of a kind piece is signed and dated by Ellen Evans.
Terrafirma Ceramics, located in New York City, has designed and produced handmade functional American Art Pottery since its inception in 1980 by artist Ellen Evans. As owner and artistic director of the Terrafirma studio, Ellen’s creative focus is to design and produce high quality, functional works of art for the table and home using a unique, original process. Patterns are created by painting through textiles and lace, using liquid porcelain to produce a distinctive “one of a kind” result. The base of warm, natural stoneware juxtaposed with vibrantly colored and patterned porcelain surfaces achieves the casual yet sophisticated look that has become her signature in both dinnerware and accessories. Terrafirma products are made entirely by hand and kiln-fired to extremely high temperatures, giving each piece its own personality and great durability. Slight variations in color and texture are the natural and desired result of the hand building and high-firing process and assure each piece of its individuality. Each collectible, copyrighted design is signed and dated.
All Terrafirma is food safe and dishwasher safe. Care for your Terrafirma pieces as you would any fine china. When using your accessories in the oven, please start from room temperature in a cold oven. The microwave may be used for warming, meaning no more than two minutes.
“In our homes today, we want beautiful artistic objects that we can use comfortably everyday. My goal is to design tableware that enriches the presentation of food, and in itself makes an elegant statement, yet is practical and durable enough for constant use. Please enjoy using and gifting Terrafirma.” ~ Ellen Evans